Cause of cramps in legs, toes, feet, and fingers?

i have been having terrible leg ,feet, toes and finger cramps wakes me up at night happen while im awake and almost ANYTIME OF DAY EVEN WHEN DRIVING CAN THAT BE LACK OF SOME TYPE OF VITAMIN
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: calcium deficiency Detailed Answer: Hello Leg cramps usually happen due to deficiency of calcium and iron. I usually order blood test to check for these individual nutrients. Vitamin B12, vitamin D as well as thyroid function are other tests that order along with the above. You can take iron and calcium supplements after leaving a blood sample at the lab. Also take diet rich in iron and calcium like milk, spinach and dry fruits. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you