Cause of chest pain relieved by moving arm and tingling in arm?

Question
I had chest pain right in the center of my chest, but it would go away if I move my arm, plus my right arm had tingling from wrist to upper arm like a blood pressure cup was on. I do workout at the gym- 66 years,. male I went to er and they did blood work, ekg, ultra sound. It was not a heart attack or anything they could see with the heart and said I had muscular strain. But that was a week ago. gave me percocets which I tossed away and Flexirll. It still is bothering me. perhaps not as bad, but worried that they could have misdiagnosed; could it be pinched nerve. A bit worried. Should it not be gone by now.?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Chest Pain Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Chest pain that goes away when you move the arm is not worrying. Also,additional tests realized in ER(ekg. ...) were normal. A worrisome chest pain is a opressive pain in the center of the chest with facial pallor, sweating and shortness of breath in a person with heart risk factors (high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol levels, smoking, obesity) Consequently the probability of heart pathology is very low. It seems that your pain may be secondary to nerve entrapment (neuropathic pain). I treat my patients with Amitriptyline or Pregabalin when Neuropathic Pain is the diagnosis. Please, consult your local doctor for a prescription. However,It is important remember the warning signs of chest pain(opressive pain in the center of the chest with facial pallor, sweating and shortness of breath). In that case, you should go quickly to an Emergency Service. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.

Follow-up: Cause of chest pain relieved by moving arm and tingling in arm? 2 hours later
I neglected to say that I am a weight lifter and I noticed this a few days after a good chest work out. First the tingling of the arms and then the pain in the chest. I dont' feel weakness and was able to do 20 push up with little discomfort; I do take a miracle drug stribeld for HIV which has done miracles. Should I avoid the gym as that is my lifeline. I have a follow up appointment with my primary on Wednesday. Are there specific tests I should ask for. Reading about this online scares the crap out of me, more that HIV .Is there a chance I could have a pinched nerve ?

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. It is recommended to avoid the gym for a few days, after pharmacological treatment you can continue your practice in the gym . You may have a trapped nerve, but a nerve entrapment is a frequent complication in HIV patients (in relation to the disease and the use of some drugs against HIV). Initially, additional tests are not necessary, pharmacological treatment is prescribed (Amitriptyline,Pregabalin....). If your symptoms do not go away, your doctor may request a nerve conduction study. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health.