Cause of abdominal pain and delayed period after taking Ipill?

Mar 2016

Hi, me and my girlfriend had foreplay last saturday. we only had foreplay and that too with my underwear on. but it got wet. then she took an ipill after 32 hours. her periods were due on 6th but that hasn't happened and she is now having severe abdominal pains. please help.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO OR RARE CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. FOLLOW ADVICES. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. 1) Only foreplay DOESN'T let her pregnant without unprotected sexual intercourse during fertile period. Sexual activity around or after period due date is EXTREMELY SAFE if her previous period cycle was regular. Additionally, she took I-pill after 32 hrs which gives more than 85% protection against unwanted pregnancy. In this case, her chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY RARE or NEGLIGIBLE. 2) Abdominal cramp may be sign of upcoming period or side effect of I-Pill. Here, she needs to wait few more days to get withdrawal bleeding (similar to period due to effect of pill) or normal period. She can take some anti-spasmodic drug like DROTIN to reduce abdominal pain. Take healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids and need adequate rest. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW