Cause and treatment of protrusion between vagina and rectum?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Something is protruding from my private area between my vagina and rectum. What could it be and how serious is it? Its been there for at least a year. I also have some soft bumps on my wrist area that have been there for about two weeks. I suspect they are clots. How serious would they be?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. You have two concerns, right ? 1. The first one, regarding something protruding from your perineum, these could be small vaginal skin tags, or anal skin tags. These are quite common and quite harmless, and do not require removal unless for cosmetic reasons. They could also be warts, if you have had such a history. Small polyps also could arise in this region, as could benigh / malignant cysts or growths. Could you please upload a picture so that I can opine better ? 2. The soft bumps on the wrists could be ganglion cysts, also they could be age related hardening or knots in the veins. They are also generally not serious. Also, could you upload pictures of those also ? All the best Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Take care.