Ask a Dentist   »  

Cause and treatment for bad toothache

hello, my dad is experiencing a bad toothache. kindly suggest.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Take ketorolac 10 mg in case of acute pain. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. I would like to tell you that toothache starts due to following reasons:- -when the tooth is deeply carious & approaches pulp. In such it requires Root Canal Treatment to save tooth - when there is periodontal problem & gums are receding. In such it requires gum massage & desensitizing toothpaste. Before starting with a course of medication its better to consult a dentist & rule out the cause by proper diagnosis & treatment planing. Meanwhile in case pain is acute I would start ketorolac 10 mg as & when required. You can start with proper course of analgesic & antibiotic after consulting dentist. Also do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Apply clove oil to that region. Do not worry at all. Hope I answered your query Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra