Catching cold easily, nausea, bad tummy, headache, often hot and cold. What is wrong?

HI, im a 24yr old woman with a child. i caught a winter virus last year and i havent felt the same since. I find I catch colds more easily that I used to even when my child isn't sick, i often feel nausea or have a a bad tummy or headaches, and im often hot and cold too can you tell me what is wrong?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Bimal Desai 6 hours later
Thanks for query.

Your infection is not related to contact of a sick person as you get it when you were a child. It shows that your body's immunity decreased.

Your body's resistance power is low so you caught colds more easily.

Naturally, the immune system of the body is well equipped for dealing any unwanted elements entering the body. It is the nature's gift. As age advances, the natural resistance towards various diseases starts declining. Your last year virus infection may be a cause.

The most common factor is wrong living and eating habits: Indiscriminate use of spices, white flour, fried foods, cold foods and excessive consumptions of sweets throw the digestive system into disorder.
It appears that people live only to eat! Frequent occasions of feasts and parties also add to this menace. Frequent meals cause damage to the organs of the digestive system. This is the reason of your bad abdomen and nausea.

Irregular life: Too much running around has made our life irregular. We are unable to observe proper and fixed timings for getting up, for taking meals, or for retiring to bed. Televisions and computers have made things worse, they keep us awake late at night and so our biological rhythm is disturbed. Our reflex actions for answering nature calls stop functioning properly, leading to constipation, piles etc. On one hand, continuous dumping is happening and on the other hand, difficulty in removal of these worsens the things. It is like a vicious cycle. Weak digestive system in turn generates many diseases.

Addictions: Some addictions and bad habits cultivated by man are also responsible for ruining his natural resistance power. Frequent consumption of tea, coffee, tobacco, alcohol, hemp, brown sugar, narcotic drugs and other stimulating and intoxicating items damage the natural resistance power largely.
Natural resistance power of the body depends heavily on the vitamins.

Lack of exercise: In today's world people, neglect the very idea of any physical exertion.

Mental stress: In modern times complains of mental stress appears to be a universal one. It has been proved by the findings of several experiments that, like addictions, mental stress, too destroy vitamin-depot of our body. It may develop headache too.

Pollution: it also play's part to weaken our immune system.

The other factors include HIV infection but as you have only attacks of cold no infection, its possibility is very less.
Your Blood check up reveals more eosinophils count if you have any allergen causes this problem.
If you have more query you may feel free to contact me.