Catch cold very easily which sometimes lead to fever. Any reasons ?

I catch cold very easily which sometimes lead to fever . Just wanted to inquire what could be the reason for that.
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 2 hours later
Hi there....

And sorry to hear about your problem.

I will guide you in right way...

As you are young male and at this age frequent attacks of cold followed by fever is unusual, so you should need evaluation to rule out the possibility of Sinus infection that can be the reason of frequent cold and fever, second thing you should get your blood CBC test to see different blood cell count, mean while I will suggest you to get your IgA antibody level, often low level of this antibody is associated with frequent cold, so please get test and proceed further.

Regards, if you need my help in future let me know and ask by name Dr. Abid.

Don't forget to leave positive feedback for me.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Catch cold very easily which sometimes lead to fever. Any reasons ? 4 hours later

Thanks for the reply . I consulted one physician today he said the reason could be due to allergies to pollen or dust. Just wanted to confirm could that be the reason.
Answered by Dr. Abid 45 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up question.

Allergies can present with cold like symptoms; but fever is highly unlikely because of allergies unless there is supper added infection.

So please follow the instructions as I already advised you; so that exact diagnosis may be made and appropriate treatment may be offered to you.

Hope it is clear to you. Let me know if you have any further queries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.