Catch cold during humid and rainy season. Having sneezing and mucus discharge. Remedy?

hi, i generally catch cold during humid and rainly season in India. There is a lot of sneezing and mucus discharge with mild headache. Cant undrestand why. This usually happens during humid conditions when there are temperature variations ie which I move in and out of air conditioning environmen to open air.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later

Its fairly normal for one to get cold due to change in the weather or the climate.
This happens due to over active defense mechanisms which try to maintain the body heat.

Since the process is histamine mediated, taking anti histaminincs like Levocetrizine or Benadryl will help.

Hope, I answered your query,

Wish you good health.