Catch cold after eating cold products or staying cold. Migraine and sinusitis? Treatment?

I always get head ache if i have something cold, or have sat in ac for long time . when i consulted my doctor he said its a problem of migrane and sinusitis. please suggest a medicine as i dont know waht to do
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 47 minutes later

Migraine may present with headache for more than seventy-two hours and is often associated with vomiting, dizziness and visual problems and is often triggered by factors like diet or stress.

Since you have explained that you get the headache when you have something cold the possibility of sinusitis seems to be there. It can be due to allergic nasal polyps or tumors, allergic reactions, deviated nasal septum, trauma to the face, respiratory tract infections.

The best treatment for sinusitis is Steam inhalation from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) water. You can also add Karvol Plus (capsules with medication) drops in it for better relief.

Try these lifestyle modifications:
1) Exercise regularly (daily if possible) and limit stress through regular exercise and relaxation techniques. You can also go for Yoga and Meditation which are really helpful.

2) Identify the activities which trigger headache and avoid them.

3) You can also try over the counter pain killers like Aspirin or Acetaminophen for pain relief but let me explain that medications are for just symptomatic relief.

Apart from that steroid nasal sprays, decongestants can also be used for but they are available with prescription.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.