Cataract surgery done. Taking antibiotic. Have watery eye and pain in jaw. Looking for relief

I am 35 female who had cataract surgery four months ago and have had extreme pain for 3
Months. I have been on two different antibiotics and it seems to cure it for a couple of weeks and then it comes back. I can feel pain from the top of my
Jaw to the back of my head. My eye is constantly watering no mucus. I have to travel 5 hours to see an optomologist
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I think you are suffering from postoperative uveitis (inflammation of the eye). Do your eyes hurt when you look at bright light? If they do, then most likely you have postoperative uveitis. You have to see the surgeon who operated on your eye. Optometrists cant really solve your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any furthur queries, if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah