Cat scan showed myometrial heterogeneity with fullness at the level of the unterine cervix. Any ideas?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
hello my wife's cat scan reads that she has a myometrial heterogeneity with fullness at the level of the unterine cervix. Could you give me an idea what that means. She has an apt with her obgyn on Monday. Thank you.

XXXXXXX,
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The possible causes of myometrial heterogeneity are:
Presence of uterine adenomyosis, means presence of endometrial tissue in the myometrium. It will present with symptoms like excessive pain during periods and ovulation, abdominal cramps, heavy bleeding etc.

Uterine fibroids also present as heterogeneous areas sometimes.
They can present with symptoms like excessive menstrual flow, pain during periods etc.

Fullness at the level of uterine cervix can be due to:
Cervical fibroid.
Cervical polyp.
Rarely cervical malignancy etc.

So if the clinical findings are correlated with radiological findings the exact diagnosis can be made out.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Cat scan showed myometrial heterogeneity with fullness at the level of the unterine cervix. Any ideas? 4 minutes later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

You are welcome.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.