Cat Scan showed kidneys to be small and atropic. What does that indicate?

Excellent

Question
I HAD A CAT SCAN THAT SHOWED MY KIDNEYS WERE ATROPIC AND SMALL. WHAT DOES THAT INDICATE FFOR MY FUTURE KIDNEY HEALTH?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Guru 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation of kidney fuction

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Atrophy of kidneys can be a result of various causes like long term hypertension (High BP), congenital causes etc.

In order to asses future kidney health, you need to undergo kidney function tests like serum creatinine, blood urea nitrogen etc. Also, I advise you to consult a Nephrologist to evaluate and properly diagnose the cause of it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.