Cardio Pulse Wave Analysis and BP normal. Reading was 114. What does this mean?

I HAD A Cardio PulseWave Analysis yesterday. My BP was normal. I am told everything was good except for my XXXXXXX which was explained as thickness of the arteries. My reading was 114. I am 56 years old.
Is this abnormally high and what should I take to stop it getting worse?
Thank you
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Your value is not abnormally high, although it is high. This reading may be attributed to your age of 56yrs, the women gender, and your blood pressure since last 10 years.

The normal value would be 83 plus or minus 12.

I am quoting my answer directly from a clinical trial abstract from NCBI.

Here is the link to it.
I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Cardio Pulse Wave Analysis and BP normal. Reading was 114. What does this mean? 34 minutes later
I know this, I had already studied the website myself. What I really want to know please is what should I do to reduce this high reading and prevent it from getting worse. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later

Good that you already read this on the website.

What you could do for preventing it from getting worse is to take anti-oxidant supplements like Evion or multivitamins that are available over the counter.

If you really need to make it better, you need to consume plenty of water, natural anti-oxidants like fruits, vegetable salads, flax seeds, and dry fruits.

However, let me tell you this. The value would decrease, but may not return to normal.

Take care!