Cannot take testosterone due to increasing hematocrit. Viagra and CIAlis have stoppered working. Had mastectomy. Help?

Excellent

Question
I have low T and can't take testosterone due to it increasing my hematocrit drastically and I have 3 thrombophilias. Even Viagra and CIAlis have stoppered working. I am a physician. Much stress. On Cymbalta with 4 mg Abilify, and Klonopin . Psychological factors include wife with low libido, but she is always willing to try. She has has a mastectomy and now has her second rectocoele. I am 58 and cannot get an erection. Morning hard ons stopped 6 months ago. I had a subdural with 5 burr holes and a craniotomy 18 months ago, but had returned to an active sex life. Now it.s simply gone. Also have ileostomy from C diff caught in hospital during craniotomy. Thanks a lot. I just want my sex life back.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Temporary Dysautonomia

Detailed Answer:

Erection is initiated by Parasympathetic division of autonomic nervous system. Due to stress induced by multiple surgeries, psychological factors etc the ANS would be temporarily defective resulting in erection dysfunction. This is the reason why Viagra too is not working.

I consider you need time to get out of this post surgical stress which may sum up to years in some. Meanwhile do practice mind and body relaxation exercises like Yoga and Meditation. These can fasten the process of de-stress.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Cannot take testosterone due to increasing hematocrit. Viagra and CIAlis have stoppered working. Had mastectomy. Help? 1 hour later
Sounds logical to me. I will do as you recommended. Thanks so much for your help. My wife also has a dysautonomia and we can join a yoga group together. Again, thanks for your very thoughtful answer..

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.

Wish you good health.