Cannot sleep at night. Have read that clock next to bed causes sleeplessness. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
my husband can;t sleep art night cause he has a clock by night he has a clock right by his side of the bed
readers digest said no clock next to u when u sleep,you can sleep better,he won't listen to me for advice i read in readers digest,can u help me XXXXXXX winter boyden iowa
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 54 minutes later
If the clock by your husband's bedside makes a ticking sound then this may keep him awake at night. There is no evidence to suggest that a silent clock will prevent sleep.
Perhaps he could try sleeping without a clock for a few nights to see if he has a problem without it.
Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger