Cannot regain arms.Removed cervical rib because of thoratic outlet syndrome. Diagnosed with brachial plexus lesion. Advice?

Spine Surgeon
I had cervical rib removed and part if the 1st rib removed because of thoratic outlet syndrome about three years ago. I have never regain 100% use from my left arm after surgery. I was always told it takes time for nerves to heal and it was a difficult surgery. I recentily got my medical records from the surgery and noticed a new diagnoses of brachial plexus lesion. Is that a standard diagnoses code for having surgery in the shoulder / thoratic area or is it more than that?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
In thoracic outlet syndrome cervical rib compromised space for the nerves of the brachial plexus. It is same as brachial plexus lesion. It is indeed difficult surgery and as you are working very close to nerves, it may cause paresis in the nerve distribution. This is relatively rare entity and other problems such as trauma is more common reason for the surgeries around this area. Thanks.