Ask a Urologist   »  

Cannot keep an erection. Passed blood clot, having stomach pain. What is it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I cannot keep an erection up and then when I went to bathroom passed a large blood clot, now I am having stomach
pain, I do have some XXXXXXX hemorrholds

Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
You were unable to maintain erection while getting engaged in sex with your partner and got pain in abdomen and passed blood in urine.
I shall be happy if you post few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Did you ejaculate or not?
2) Did your semen mixed with blood ?
3) Did you pass XXXXXXX blood or urine mixed with blood. (Hematuria) ?
4) Do you have any other symptoms associated with this problem ?

Looking at the sudden onset and pain in abdomen it looks to me that you have Acute infection of Bladder (Cystitis).

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and following investigations done with his advice. to find out the cause of your symptoms
1) Urine routine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.
3) Urine culture .

In the mean while you can take broad spectrum antibiotic and pain killers. .
Please ensure to take more water.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write again if you have more questions.I shall be happy to answer the same.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Cannot keep an erection. Passed blood clot, having stomach pain. What is it? 2 days later
The bleeding I am referring to is coming from my rectum. And no I did not have an ejaculatetion.

Hello
Thanks for clarification.
The cause of bleeding from rectum could be due to either Haemorrhoids or Rectal Polyp.
However this can be confirmed only on digital rectal and proctoscopic examination.
Please consult qualified General Surgeon or Proctologist for clinical examination and evaluation.
Further treatment will depend upon the cause of the bleeding .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.