Cannot control defecating in morning. No constipation at all. Have fatigue and sleeplessness. What is the cause?

General Surgeon
Sir I cannot control defecating in morning. No constipation at all for the last one year. Only soft and or loose motion. Stool size is narrow. Fatigue and sleeplessness is making my life hell. Please advise what is it? 1.Recently I checked my temperature. It is lower than normal and it is 97 F. 2.Anxiety (fear of any sudden thing) affects and I need to go toilet. 3. For the last 9 years, sometimes I develop acidity, gas and chest pain and when I get Rabeprazole type capsules or tabs I get immediate relief . 4.occasionally develops knee joins pain (orth). 5.I felt present problem w.e.f. September 2012
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Few tests would possibly be required. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query. I would like to know about your dietary habit. Do you eat frequently from outside ? In that case, amebiasis is a very common infection which creeps into the intestines from outside food, which may give rise to such symptoms. A course of anti amebic drug may relieve you of your symptoms. If I were your doctor, I would advise you for a routine stool test for ova and cyst, and also a per rectal examination followed by a colonoscopy if need be, for your age group. Going once for defeacation once in the morning might be a normal habit with many and you need not get too worried for it, excepting for the stool size being narrow specially if it is a recent development. I would also advise you to go for a high roughage diet with enough of liquids ad fruits. Go for daily morning walk as a routine if there is no medical contraindication. I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician on further management of the problem. In case of any further doubt, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks for using XXXXXXX for you query on health. Wishing you an early relief of your symptoms. Thanks. Dr Shareef.