Cannot breast feed the baby due to work. Giving pasteurized milk. Is this safe?

I had to leave my 4 mnths old baby for work due to which brestfeeding cannot b done for 8-10hrs and he is nt drinking pasturised milk. in dis situation wat can b given to him.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nan Pro 1....

Detailed Answer:

In this circumstance, you can try Nan Pro 1. The constituents of this product is well tolerated by most infants. But please discuss with your doctor before trying the product.

You can also discuss about starting simple soft fruits diet. Though it is not yet time to start weaning, infants can tolerate small feeds of soft fruits and flour mixes.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Cannot breast feed the baby due to work. Giving pasteurized milk. Is this safe? 30 minutes later
with my doctor's advice i had tried nan pro1 bt he is nt taking that too
then he suggest me to give dal or rice water he takes it . i had even tried carrot juice which he takes easily. can i continue dis?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes... Please continue..

Detailed Answer:

As I said in my previous reply,infants at 4 months are able to digest soft semi solid/liquid food. You can continue the weaning food as directed byour doctor.

Most often infants do not like the taste of 'nan' when they have been on breastfeed alone. With time and trials they start accepting it. So if there was no other problems like vomiting and loose stools with nan, there is no harm in repeatedly I trying. Discuss with his pediatrician.

Breast milk can be stored at room temperature for 2-4 hours. You can self express sufficent milk in a sterile bottle which can be reused in 2-4 hours. This can make for a feed in your absence. You candiscuss about this option with his pediatrician and learn about self expression technique or expression using Breast pumps.

Hope this helps.
If all your questions are answered then close this discussion.

Best wishes