Candesartan cilexetil for high BP, improvement, same dose of Indian tablet, BP shoots up

i have been taking candesartan cilexetil for BP for nearly 10 years with excellent results... i am now in india using the same dose of an indian made tablet with very poor results, needing to take much higher dose and still have high BP... 200/120 this am... should i swap meds ( amlodipine)
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Puneet Oberoi 13 hours later

Thanks for your query,

Well i do not think its due to the change in the preparation of the Candesartan why your BP is not under controll . I would advice you to get examined by a cardiologist in India and find the reason for the same.

The medicines will be tested and certified based a study of its action and efficacy over a population with all different considerable characteristics, the change in the process or the base of the preparation will not hamper the potency of the drug.

After examining you, if the doctor finds a need for a supplemt antihypertensive i would recommend combining Candesartan with Diuretics as the action will be stronger and suitable with BP of readings you mentioned.The second in choice would be Ace-inhibitors or Amlodepin

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Take care , Bye