Cancer survivor, had chemotherapy and radiation for breast cancer. Feels to have needle stuck in tongue. Cause?

Question
I AM A CANCER SURVIVER, HAD CHEMO AND RADIATION. FOR BREAST CANCER. TREATMENTS HAVE BEEN OVER ALMOST A YEAR. I HAVE A STINGIE TONGUE, FEELS LIKE NEEDLES HAVE BEEN STUCK INMY TONGUE AND THEN SALT POURED OVER IT. NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT IT IS OR WHAT TO DO FOR IT.CAN YOU HELP OR DIAGNOSE IT? IS IT RESULTS OF THE TREATMENTS ?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
The symptoms are related to the chemotherapy and irradiation side effects.
in intense disease and toxic treatments, patients tend to develop glossitis and mucosal ulceration and neuropathy in various combinations.
i think that is the main cause.
local glycerine application thrice a day, a vitamin B-complex XXXXXXX in cyanocobalamin should be started.
Pregabalin is a drug for neuropathy and may be helpful for you if there is significant component of neuropathy.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.