Cancer patient. Have severe pain in groins. Had cortisone shots. Have discolorations on lips of vagina. Help?

I am a cancer patient breast and lung in remission as of now I am cancer free. I am 200lbs. female and i have had sever pain in my groins. I lifted my stomach and on my leg next to my crotch are two soft lumps hanging down. When I touch them it causes alot of pain down my groins, like a knife is cutting along my groins. I can no longer bend down to pick something up without severe pain. I have had cortisone shots in my groin, hip, and back which just made it worse, I went to a doctor DO, and she said oh thats just fat. You need a stomach band because you will never be able to lose this fat with dieting.. I don't believe this and I don't know what these things are in my groins, I also went to my gynocologist, he didn't answer me, he did a pap test and then he said what are these discolorations on the lips of my vagina. He said he is doing an XXXXXXX sonogram in one week and then he is doing a biopsy a week later. He said it is probaly not cancer. He is an onchologist as well. I asked him are these lapomas on my leg. He said yes, don't worry about them. Please help me make sense of all this. Please explain.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of hernia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
One thing is quiet clear that your pain in groin area may ot be related to your previous malignancy of breast and lungs.
If they are lipomas then there is no worry as they are benign. However Lipomas are never painful. the fact that pressing these lesions cause intense stabing like pain in your groin suggests that they cannot be lipomas.
One possibility I was considering is that of hernia. hernias when obstructing can cause such pains on bending and coughing. Also pressing the area will cause further stretch which will increase the pain. Your weight of 200 lbs further increases my suspicion of hernia. You should XXXXXXX a general surgeon who can examine you and further confirm the diagnosis of hernia. Even a CT scan of abdomen should be good in evaluating for hernia.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Cancer patient. Have severe pain in groins. Had cortisone shots. Have discolorations on lips of vagina. Help? 5 days later
I think I did not explain the sytems very good. There is actually no pain at touching them or pushing on them, it causes groin pain afterward. When I walk the pain seems to come from that area. I can not bend down without severe pain in that area. When I get out of the car the pain is so bad. I went to an internest today and said it is jusst fat and there are no lymph nodes in that area. But she knows nothing about soft tissue lymponas or anytning about soft tissue at all, she is sure it is fat. How can I tell the difference between a hernia, lympona or any soft tissue desease. I think I should go to a surgeon. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgeon is the right choice

Detailed Answer:
Lipoma are benign mass , firm in consistency, and are slippery when you try to catch hold of them. They are never painful. But they are more defined than the pain.

Fat tissue is a bit less defined. It is also not painful and it cannot be held between fingers.
Hernia is a swelling which has intestinal contents inside it and may pain slghtlly pain if pressed. It increases in size on coughing or increasing abdominal pressure.
A CT scan abdomen will be useful in differentiating this condition.
You should see a surgeon who is the right person to take care of your illness.
Hope that explains
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD