Can you use clarithromycin for mild diverticulitis and if so, what is the dose?

Can you use clarithromycin for mild diverticulitis and if so what dose?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 4 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Clarithromycin is a drug useful for medical treatment of mild diverticulitis. But, not the only drug. It is used in combination with other antibiotics like penicillin group of drugs and proton pump inhibitors as needed.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation

Your doctor will know the dose of the drug. I encourage you to consult your doctor for a proper physical exam and appropriate dosage of the drug.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.