Can you tell me if D.C claims to be legitimate and the type of weight loss?

Addiction Medicine Specialist
Dr. XXXXXXX Bowman, D.C claims to be weight loss specialist in Iowa City, Iowa. Can you tell me if she is legitimate and the type of weight loss she promises will help me lose1 to 2 pounds per day. I can't find her at her website, WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details listed below.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic!

Dr XXXXXXX Bowman is a chiropractor who graduated from the Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1999. She shares a chiropractic practice with her husband Dr XXXXXXX Bowman, DC.

Her address is
Bowman Chiropractic Associates
2501 N Dodge St, Iowa City, IA 0000
Phone: 319-855-7646 (As mentioned in her weight loss website)
319-354-2468 (As mentioned elsewhere)
319-855-7629 (As mentioned elsewhere)

Regarding her claims of being able to help people lose 1 to 2 pounds per day, I am somewhat sceptical. Her web site does not describe the kind of methods she uses which can scientifically be expected to give such good results.

I feel that if you wish, you can talk to her over the phone or XXXXXXX her once to find out how exactly would she help you lose the weight. If her method is rational and has a scientific basis, then it would make sense to try it. Otherwise, it is just hyperbole.

Hope this helps you.

Best wishes.

Dr Preeti Parakh
MD Psychiatry