Can you suggest some good hospitals for treating hepatitis B ?

My mother is 54 year old, In blood test she is found hepatitis B positive. I am staying in URAN, Navi Mumbai, Please advice, nearest hospital and doctor. Vijay
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 16 hours later

Thanks for posting query.

What I understand is that your 54 year old mother is diagnosed to have high sugar and in past she was diagnosed to be Hepatitis-B positive.

I would like to have certain more information for helping you with more guidance.

1.Is this the first time she had been diagnosed to have high blood sugar ?
2.She was having jaundice when she was diagnosed to have hepatitis B or hepatitis b was diagnosed now on routine check up for some another reason ?

Please write back with the above information,so that I can guide you properly.

Dear XXXXXXX if you are only concerned with whom to consult and want a name of doctor,then I can proceed answering this.

You should visit a M.D.Physician / Medical Gastroenterologist in your area.He will need some more investigation before starting treatment.Hepatitis B,in carrier stage(means only positive status,no jaundice or liver problem) some times does not need much treatment.Navi mumbai is big place and you will find many physicians,even some some bigger hospitals are also there where you can visit and get treated.

For diabetes she will definitely need medicines which doctor will advise after physical examination.As you have mentioned she is taking regular pain killer which is not good and this can lead to damage to body organs like kidney and others.Please talk help of your doctor who will prescribe some medicines which are safe and can be taken on occasional basis without any problem.

Please visit a doctor,and still if you have some query please write to me again. Bye for now and wishing your mother a healthy life.