Can you suggest safe abortion medicines ?

i have missed my periods from about 12 days. i did a pregnancy test 5 days back..but it came out to be negative. i don't want to carry now
please advise any medicine for abortion which is safe.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

Thanks for query.

You have missed period since the last 12 days. However since the pregnancy test is negative, there is no issue of abortion.

Please provide me some more information before going further.

1. Was your periods were regular before ?
2. Do you have any other illness for which you need to take medicines in last month ?
3. Did you use any birth control pills?

I suggest you to repeat the pregnancy test again to verify if you are pregnant.

Blood HCG levels / Ultrasound scans are specific test to confirm pregnancy. You may get the test done under guidance of a gynecologist if your periods do not occur.

Abortion, if necessary can be attempted under medical supervision with medications prescribed to you by a gynecologist.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Can you suggest safe abortion medicines ? 2 hours later
I got married last year in May and for 5 months after then i didn't get proper periods because i used i-pills. but from the past 7-8months my periods were quite regular.Also after that i didn't take any kind of birth control pills as such.
Again I didn't take any medication last month also.

I will have a PT again.
If possible please suggest any abortion pills.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Please first go for a repeat pregnancy test. In case of positive test, I will request you to visit a nearby gynecologist and get examination done and get a prescription of abortion pills from him/her.

There are many drugs available today, but in some cases complications do happen like excessive bleeding, incomplete abortion. This is the reason why these pills are to be taken under medical supervision and prescribed by doctor only.

In future, if you are not planning for baby soon, please follow a family planning method like regular oral contraceptives or a contraceptive device to avoid this kind of discomfort.

Hope this answers your query.