Can you cut latuda 40 mg dosage into half?

Can you cut latuda 40 mg in half
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dose modification should be under guidance Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand your concern. But you have not mentioned any details like for what illness you are taking it and since how long. In general cutting down dose of anti psycotics is a good idea but should be done based on clinical improvement and judgement by a psychiatrist. If you feel that you can do with lesser dosage you should consult your psychiatrist for dose modification. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.
Follow-up: Can you cut latuda 40 mg dosage into half? 3 hours later
I was thinking of taking latuda twice a day because I was having side effects. my psychiatrist said those pills could not be cut in half and should be taking in the evening. So I was wondering if they could be halved and taking twice a day.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows. Detailed Answer: Actually these pills have there cumulative effect. And also they get release and show there effect like a shot. So it's important to take them as advised. However if side effects are very troublesome you may try taking in divided doses. If you get good results you may continue. I personally don't mind splitting it in two doses if side effects are troublesome. I have seen patients who get the same effects in divided doses and also have seen patients who say that drug is not working this way. Good Luck If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.