Can you advise good hospitals to undergo sex change surgery ?

i want to undergo sex change surgery, can you please let me know of some psychiatrist and also doctors/hospitals in india whom i can consult/meet?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 17 minutes later

It is a big decision to undergo sex change operation so if you are completely convinced then you can opt for it.

You can visit Apollo Hospital for any Psychiatrist or see Dr. XXXXXXX Batra who is a well known Psychiatrist practicing in Mumbai and the centre is named as "Mindframes".

Regarding the Surgeons one renowed surgeon in Mumbai Dr XXXXXXX Tiberwala who has performed sex change surgeries.

I would again advise to rethink over the decision and then take the step forward.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.

Follow-up: Can you advise good hospitals to undergo sex change surgery ? 2 hours later
I wish to have this surgery in Delhi or any other city which will be more cost effective then the metros. Can I get my psychiatric consultation done over the phone with some doctor who is out of Mumbai? If so then please provide details of such doctor.
What will be the cost aspect in the entire surgery if done in India vis-a-vis in say Thailand?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

I am not sure whether any doctor will give affirmation for psychiatric consultation over phone as it requires a detailed history and examination of the patient to come to a conclusive diagnosis and suggest a treatment accordingly which is not feasible over the phone.

For surgery in Delhi you can contact at Indosurgery which is a renowed centre for various surgeries and they can be contacted at YYYY@YYYY .
You can send them a mail to this id for details.

Another one is La Belle Cosmetic surgery clinic at Noida.You can contact them at YYYY@YYYY .

The cost depends on the type of surgery,for which gender is required,patient age, any other condition as cost depends on each transformation.

Regarding surgery in Thailand I am sorry I do not have any idea.

You can contact at the above mentioned email id's for details.

Hope this helps!