Can whiskey be used to treat chicken pox?

In times past, was whiskey used to "draw out" chicken pox? If so is it actually a practice that will speed up the healing time?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Radhika 3 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

In the past whisky was used to treat Chicken pox.But these are alternative treatment and even though they are effective I suggest you use other methods like using over the counter medication like Sudacrem over the area.

Chicken pox will normally reduce in 2 weeks time.It does not speed up recovery,it will take around the same time to heal.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.