Can weight gain and hair fall problem be indications of thyroid problem?

hi doc how r u, since last 1 -1/2 month i feel my weight is increasing & my hair fall is also increase day by day.are these symptoms of thyriod
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, they could be Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Yes, these could be symptoms of low functioning thyroid. I would suggest you to get your thyroid function test done that includes T3, T4, and TSH values. Please get back to me with the reports. Regards,
Follow-up: Can weight gain and hair fall problem be indications of thyroid problem? 1 hour later
wht all other symptoms of Thyroid
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 hours later
Brief Answer: symptoms detailed below Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Tiredness and weakness; or feeling "run down" is the most common symptom of Hypothyroidism or low functioning thyroid gland. Other symptoms are as follows: Weight gain or difficulty losing weight Constipation Depression Thinning or brittleness of the hair or nails Cold intolerance Sleepiness Memory loss Decreased libido Muscle aches and pains Please do get back with the test reports. Regards,