Can we check whether we can produce a baby before marriage?

Question
can we check weather we can produce a baby before marriage.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later

Before getting married, you can only get semen examination done to check for any abnormality. Also you can check for hormone analysis, thyroid function test, etc.

Consult a competant Gynecologist who can perform physical examination and order necessary tests in your case.

Even if it is normal, there is no way to know the possible problems you might face in conceiving.

Until you have conceived, it is difficult to test for sure for any abnormalities in conceiving.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Can we check whether we can produce a baby before marriage? 6 hours later
i mean to say we .... i & my partner want to check...because according to horoscope it will create problem.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If you feel so you can get yourself and your partner thoroughly investigated under the guidance of your gynecologist. But even after all the investigations, there are certain factors and problems that cannot be diagnosed until you actually become pregnant.
It is for you to decide whether to believe your horoscope findings or not.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.

Dear Doctor,

If such complications occure afterwards , does medical science has any solutions.

If yes what are they.

XXXXXXX.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks again,

If a couple faces problems in conceiving, then there are treatments like intra uterine insemination, Invitro Fertilization (IVF), Intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), etc. available to the couples. All the treatments that are available have around 20-25% success rate.

The nature of problem a couple is having helps in deciding the type of treatment that is needed.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Do accept the answer if there are no further queries.

Wish you good health and bright future.