Can urethral discharge, abdominal pain and frequent urination be signs of urinary tract infection?

Doctor, I had whitish urethral discharge, when tested for Herpes, chlamydia n HIV all were negative. They prescribed antibiotic tablets which I had only for few days, as I had abdominal pain side effects I could not continue. Now again im getting very less discharge, accompanied by lower abdomimal pain, sacroiilitis pain, frequent urination. Will it be urinary tract infection if not an STD??? Im really worried, try to help me out
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: antibiotic is must Detailed Answer: Hello Your symptoms suggest urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infection may or may not be associated with STD. Response to antibiotic again supports the diagnosis. Antibiotics cause gastric upset but it's important to take the full course for complete cure. In your case the antibiotic may be changed. I would like to know which antibiotic has been prescribed to you. If possible I will suggest you a better alternative. Thank you
Follow-up: Can urethral discharge, abdominal pain and frequent urination be signs of urinary tract infection? 27 hours later
Thank You Doctor, I was prescribed deoxycycline, Rantac-150 which i had only for 3 days. My problem now is, have pressure, pain in my lower abdomen, frequent back pain, frequent urination, urine is yellowish, discharge is low or not at all, at times. My doubt is will this infection would have spread to Bladder or Kidneys?? Is it curable??? How long should i take anti biotics??? Im much worried of the side effects too. Should i go for homeo treatment instead??? Sorry for lot of ques, Im confused and worried, kindly help me Added Ques: though my tests are negative is there any chances of getting STDs even now?? Will it be non-gonococcial STD???
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: cefalosporins Detailed Answer: Hello Your symptoms suggest that you have developed a severe urinary tract infection. I am not sure if oral doxycycline would help you. I usually give injectable cefalosporins to my patients. Please meet a doctor and discuss regarding this. Yes it can be gonorrhea. Gram stain of discharge could be done to rule out gonorrhea. I would suggest you to go for antibiotic therapy rather than homeopathy. Don't worry the antibiotic course will be for 14 days. Early and adequate treatment will prevent further complications like bladder involvement. Thank you