Ask a Dentist   »  

Can unremoved wisdom tooth cause chronic chest and neck pain?

Dec 2012

Can unremoved wisdom tooth cause chronic chest and neck pain .. I removed the right side wisdom teeth and pain on the right side and my chest and neck pain on the right side was reduced? I have had this chronic pain for 5 years and I'm 25 years old?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX
Even though the situation may seem very unlikely and unrelated but it is possible that a severe painful wisdom teeth can cause chest and neck pains. You can try to treat the pain with pain killers so as to avoid removal but if the tooth is growing with root insertions following the wrong directions, I suggest that you get that removed as the pain will not subside and will cause radiations.
You also need a doctor to examine you properly for any chest affections as they might two unrelated problems i.e the wisdom tooth pain and the chest and neck pain.

Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard