Can unprotected sex after a surgical abortion lead to pregnancy?

I had a surgical abortion on 15th January. I restarted my bcp the next day 16th. I had No pain and very little bleeding after the procedure (I was 6 weeks) On 21st January I foolishly had unprotected sex with my partner. I was also still taking antibiotics after the abortion. (I am aware these also affect the bc) What are the chances that I would have conceived again? I am worried that I may be pregnant again. Thank you
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: chances are less but not impossible Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. You had sex on 21st January, that was too early for you to ovulate immediately after the surgical abortion. Hence, the chances of having conceived again is very less. Also, the fact that you started taking the bcp the next day onwards, make it even more unlikely to be pregnant. There is a reason for your worry of being pregnant again; I understand that. In such a case, the only reliable method would be to undergo a check ultrasound scan now, to see if you are pregnant or not. Wish you good luck.