Can typhoid be treated at home?

my mother is suffering from typhoid now typhoid ration is 1:320 and she use toilet 7 times for stool so can i admitted in hospital or provied treatment at home
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: hospital Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I am so sorry to hear that your mother is not well. Typhoid is a serious illness, but it can be treated at home also, if condition permits. But it is your doctor who will decide after clinical examination, whether she require admission or not. Alone typhoid titre (even 1;320) is not a requirement for admission. Roughly saying BP, pulse, dehydration, general mental status during illness, other associated illness and routine investigations are helpful in decision. Also blood culture is must for the diagnosis, widal is falsely positive also in some conditions If you have any further queries, please donot hesitate to ask me again Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok