Can treatment for peyronie disease cause bending and hard spots on penis ?

I am 50 years, since a few weeks my penis is bending slightly to de right, I feel a few small hard spots ( in line) under my skin on de right side of my penis (it nags a little). 1. Is this penile fibromatosis? 2. Is there a proven medicine that I can use? 3. I used 2 weeks Timoptol-xe in my left eye. Then I saw that it can seldomly cause Peyronie disease. So I stop that. Is there really a connection?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for query ,

I suspect Penile fibromataosis ( Peyronie's disease) to be the last considerable cause as it associated with sever pain most of times.Also the there will be hard spots over the penis. The plaque, a flat plate of scar tissue, develops on the top or bottom side of the penis inside a thick membrane called the tunica albuginea, which envelopes the erectile tissues. The plaque begins as a localized inflammation and develops into a hardened scar which will retract the penile tissues leaving curvature in the penis in the mid shaft.

Since you have the deviation of the penis to the right more than a curvature defect I would suspect this to be happening due to swollen lymph nodes surrounding the penis pushing its root away or pulling via fibrous coverings. Well since its not serious and do not need active intervention , need not worry.Only if there is fast increase in the size of the hard spots you may have to be examined by a venereal disease specialist .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Can treatment for peyronie disease cause bending and hard spots on penis ? 23 hours later

First I would like to thank you for your clear answer. My GP did not come up with this lymph nodes option wich I think this is indeed more likely the case. She focused on the Timoptol-leaflet that mentioned Peyronie's disease.
Could you give me some further information?
- what will be the developement if it is indeed lymph nodes? In what time should I notice improvement?
- is there anything I can do? Should I stop sexual activity until this is over?

Thanks again,

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for following me up,

The lymph nodes are commonly swollen when the immune system is stepped up in that particular area, mostly it does not last more than 2 to 3 weeks.If there is any increase in the size associated with pain this is when you may to get examined by your nearest doctor.

No , there is no need to stop sexual activity . Since it is self limiting most of times. You need not worry , just give it time.

Wish you good health.