Can treated infectious diseases be detected years after it is cured?

Can treated infectious diseases of the prostate, intestines, and blood always be detected years after it is cured? I know the blood usually leaves a trace (dna,antibodies,antigen,proteins,ect); this the same for prostate fluid and fluid from the intestines?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, true partly. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX It is partly true. Let me explain Diseases can be detected by produce of microorganisms like toxin, antigen etc can be detected for some weeks; but the our body immunity response molecules called antibodies can be detected for months to years and in some cases for whole life. The same holds true for prostate and intestinal fluids. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Can treated infectious diseases be detected years after it is cured? 7 hours later
there are antibodies in prostate fluid and intestinal fluid?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 hours later
Brief Answer: antibodies are character of blood stream Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Welcome back. Prostate and intestinal fluids have antibodies but to very low levels, these body fluids show antigens during active phase of the disease. Blood instead shows antibodies when there is infection any where in the organs. I hope the advise will be helpful.