Can trapped nerve in neck causes a stretching feeling at back when looking downwards?

I have a trapped nerve in my neck can it cause a stretching feeling in the middle back when you look downwards? That is one symptom I am having
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possible, also check for multiple sclerosis Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, having a trapped nerve, or a nerve compression, depending on its location could produced a referred pain down the back as what you actually describe. This finding is seen when the compression involves the lower nerve roots of the cervical spine. However, it might be necessary to check for under conditions that could as well present themselves as such. This sensation of pain extending to the lower back, is also classically seen in Multiple sclerosis, and then is called L Hermite s sign. it might be useful for your treatment physician to exclude any possibility of multiple sclerosis. Spine X rays, MRIS (magnetic rasonance imaging) ans CT scans could help. I suggest you book an appointment with a neurosurgeon for a proper clinical review and management. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you got particular worries. I would be glad making my humble contribution. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr bain.