Can touching the vaginal lip with precum cause pregnancy?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, there might have been a little precum on my fingers when I was touching my girlfriend's vagina. I didn't insert it all the way in though, I was just touching her vagina lips and a just little bit inside. What are the chances of her getting pregnant?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 33 minutes later

Just touching the vaginal lip or partially inserting finger with precum in the vagina has very little chance for pregnancy,but it can`t be 100% ruled out.So wait & watch ,if she misses periods for a week or more go for pregnancy test . To be on safer side one can use I pills.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Can touching the vaginal lip with precum cause pregnancy? 7 hours later
Thanks for your reply! Her period is due in 3 days and for the past week, she's been feeling very tired (she says she hasn't been able to sleep well), and has had stomachaches and headaches a couple of times. A couple of nights ago, she also felt slightly shiverish. Are those bad signs?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 45 minutes later

Nice to see you again     

Tiredness ,headache,stomach aches, sleep disorder i.e.insomnia and feverish or slight shivering don`t suggest of pregnancy. They appear more due to fear psychosis or fear of pregnancy.It is too early to say she is pregnant or not .wait for her periods .Hoping every thing will be fine.

Hope I have answered your query, Wish your girl friend Good Health and trouble free future .

Follow-up: Can touching the vaginal lip with precum cause pregnancy? 25 hours later
Hi Doctor, thank you so much for your response! It's been very helpful! My girlfriend just informed me that she got her period but I'm wondering how can we make sure that it's actually her period and not implantation bleeding or some other bleeding associated with pregnancies? Thanks again!

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 15 minutes later
Hello
Nice to see you again     
It is good for both of you she has her periods and tension of pregnancy is over.

Bleeding associated with implantation or pregnancy will show positive pregnancy test , it may be weakly or slightly positive.

As during implantation & pregnancy certain hormonal changes do occur ,which leads to positive pregnancy test.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish her Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”