Can toprol xl or metoprolol succinate cause the results of blood alcohol blood test to be higher?

Can toprol xl or metoprolol succinate cause the results of a blood alcohol blood test to be higher
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX
Both of these two drugs belong to cardio selective beta blocker groups. No where in the literature I could find their correlation with raised blood alcohol test. Yes this is true that with beta blockers, alcohol should be avoided, as it causes unpredictable decrease in blood pressure making it too low.
Raised alcohol level can be seen with decreased total body fluid. So if you are taking diuretics like thiazides, or loop diuretics like frusemide then it may show raised level, but that too is my assumption.

Hopefully with the best literature available, I answered your query....

Best wishes