Can tooth decay cause lymph nodes on neck?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Dear doctor I have lymph node on my neck and they are small since last year they were big but now they become smaller also i have tooth decay since 2 years does this may be a reason for the nodes
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: An infection in body can cause lymphadenopathy. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post and seeing your photograph of your oral cavity, it seems that you have poor oral hygiene. An infection in the oral cavity can result in increase in size of lymph nodes(lymphadenopathy). I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a dentist for proper medical management. You may need oral antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medicines to cure your condition. A blood test for Complete Blood Count(CBC) will be helpful. If the lymph nodes does not subside by the above medications, you should go for FNAC of the lymph nodes. I hope this is useful to you. If you have any further query, I would be happy to help. Thanks.