Can tingling in fingers, head pain and eye pain be signs of multiple sclerosis?

I worry about health problems and terrifed of MS. Scares the living day lights out of me. Ive had so many symaptoms that scare me. Tingling in my finger, head pain, eye pain and more. But all at different times and some such as eye pain never came back was one off. I am mainly concnerned that lately i have been experiences pain in my finger knuclkes on my hand. Some times in my thumb and hurts when i push on the ball in thumb. It goes away. Then sometimes get pain/pressure in pinky , soemtimes if i pop it feels better, but will come and go. I am very anxious and worried. Please help me. Do not want MS!
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Non Specific Symptoms Of MS Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. But there is no point in getting terrified that you will get Multiple Sclerosis one day. Let me tell you , MS does not presents like this. Symptoms and signs are disseminated in space and time. Usually , a person has one symptom first , and after some time , he develops another symptom. Moreover , the symptoms you are describing are non specific. I want to know , why do you think you have MS or you will get MS? Tell me do you have any one close who has MS ? Or any Family History of MS? If you are just worried because you have heard about the disease and you feel you have the symptoms , it is unlikely as the symptoms you have told are all together at one time and are non specific. Stop worrying , still if you have very strong suspicion , get your self evaluated by a good doctor , as clinical examination would clear most of the picture. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Can tingling in fingers, head pain and eye pain be signs of multiple sclerosis? 7 minutes later
They dont all happen at once. Like now its just the finger pain. I am scared cause i google and read things. And i once thought i had problem with swallowing, and im scared. Cause seems i get new sysmtoms, and they change. Pkus i get symstoms at different times. Is this me just focusing on one thing?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I personally don't think you have it. See , it's a rule, whenever we read about a disease which has multiple symptoms , we start finding that disease in us. However , it is difficult to comment without examining you. So , i suggest that if you are so worried , get an evaluation. A neurological examination ,an eye examination would clear the picture , if your doctor would doubt on examination , he will get your MRI done. Do tell me later i was right or wrong!! Don't take stress , Stay Happy. If you don't have a further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it!!
Follow-up: Can tingling in fingers, head pain and eye pain be signs of multiple sclerosis? 0 minute later
So the pain i have in my knuckles are probably nothing, and just my anxiety makes it worst?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Pain in knuckles is not a classical symptom of MS. However , joint pain might be a symptom. But , if you have pain , swelling , and stiffness there and at other joints too , you might require evaluation for rheumatoid arthritis. See , anxiety aggravates all problems. So , follow what i have told you. Awareness is good but awareness leading to anxiety is a bad side effect of awareness!!! Good Luck Friend.