Can threptin biscuit cause weight gain?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor.XXXX Here.I am 27 yrs old married female . My height is 5ft 4 inches and i weigh 65 which is way too heavy. i know that. I am trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy diet.In the process i have added 2-3 threptin biscuits in my diet for snacks. Will it cause weight gain?please advice. Also i have started working out.i take threptin just to feel more energetic before workout.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Threptin is protein rich biscuit Detailed Answer: Hi Threptin would reduce the weight gain. When a person has meal or snack the carbohydrates and protein compete to get absorbed first. If there is more carbohydrate then it would be absorbed and excess carbohydrate would be stored as Glycogen and then fat. By consuming threptin biscuit you are giving some competition to carbohydrate to be reduce the absorption. So you are doing right thing. You can consume protein rich diet but make sure you do not consume more than 90gm of protein per day. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Can threptin biscuit cause weight gain? 21 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor.Also please suggest a good diet plan which would accelerate the weight loss.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dietitians are better than doctors Detailed Answer: Hi Doctors can treat nutritional deficiency but they are not trained in diet plans. I suggest you to approach a dietitian for this. They can recommend right amount of calorie intake plus exercise plan (calorie consumption). You can print and stick that to the fridge or kitchen wall for reminders.
People also viewed
- Can threptin biscuit cause weight gain
- Will sprintec cause weight gain
- Will synthroid cause weight gain
- Dexa scan bright white spots
- Im sick tired vomiting hot flashes
- Bright yellow diarhea when pregnant
- Skin rashes and hot flashes
- Hot flash red rash on stomach
- Constant headache and bright orange urine
- Can hot flashes make you sick
- Will mebeverine cause weight gain
- Threptin in pregnancy is safe
- Bright green diarrhea during pregnancy
- Hot flashes and waves of nausea
- Bright yellow diarrhea with strep