Can there be a blood to blood contact if period blood gets into penis?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later

The answer is 'NO', if I have to respond to it directly. Because no blood vessel is opened to exterior in human body in normal condition. If something is to enter blood stream, it has to cross the mucosal barrier first. How ever, if there is any cut or ulcer or infection, then it may come in contact with blood directly.

Hope it's clear.
How ever you can ask me in detail, if you want to know more.

Follow-up: Can there be a blood to blood contact if period blood gets into penis? 24 minutes later
So just to make sure because I am worried my period blood and there was a good amount got on my partners penis when he entered and when he pulled out we immediately cleaned it off but if it got into the inside of the opening of his penis he would have to have a cut in there for it to transmit correct?
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 2 days later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, you got it right. if there is a cut on your partners penis then there are chances of the blood to get transmitted into his circulation. This may cause infection in him if you have any.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.