Can the plastic cap covering the tampon enter the cervix and cause diarrhea ?

hi, I am a 29 yr old mother of 2 & I had my period on monday & was using a tampon & left the plastic top on it & removed it asap but there is no sign of the plastic cap I have been to gp but she couldnt see it in there is there anyway it could be in my cervix I am really worried about toxic shock syndrome I now have diahrea & feel sick not sure if it has anything to do with it or wether its a tummy bug,
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Can the plastic cap covering the tampon enter the cervix and cause diarrhea ? 18 minutes later
hi are u going to answer????
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 48 minutes later

It is highly unlikely and very rare, for a plastic cap covering the tampon, to enter the cervix. (The external Os of the cervix is very small, to allow it to enter the uterine cavity).

vagina for prolonged period.

The plastic portion, would act like a foreign body, causing discomfort or abdominal pain which you are not complaining of, but is highly unlikely to cause a TSS.

The best way, to go ahead, is to consult your OB-GYN, who will do a Vaginal examination and then remove the plastic cover if any, which might be lodged in the posterior fornix of the upper vagina, and might not be visible to external examination (that was conducted by your GP).

Hope this answers helps you. In case of doubts I am available for the follow ups.