Can the intake of Coversyl give a false reading on DWI breath test?

I was wondering if Coversyl 5mg tablets can give a false reading on a DWI breath test?
I have only been taking Coversyl for two weeks and was charged with DWI 2 nights ago after only have two beers.
Thank you for your time
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

I have gone through your query, and upon research have found out that none of the contents in the drug Coversyl causes false positive reading.

It is most likely due to the beer intake, since even beer contains 5 to 6 % of alcohol.

Breath testers which detect a greater number of types of ethyl group substances will produce a higher false blood alcohol concentration reading.

Certain food, alcohol and other items in a person's mouth can also cause false readings. For instance, a sip of alcohol just prior to being tested or possibly even eating a chocolate or cake filled with liqueur.

Other items in a person's mouth which can cause false positives are tobacco smoke, blood, vomit, dirt, and moisture.

Hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow up.