Ask a Urologist   »  

Can the dark spots on the penis be lightened?

Hi, I'm in my 30's and i have two dark spots on either side of my penis due to masturbation without lube. My entire penis isn't dark,
just the spots where it's been irritated. They have been there for about 10yrs now and seem perminent. Is there anything i can do to lighten the spots? bleaching seems scary.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
The spots on your penis are there for ten years which is a very long time. They are probably harmless. If you are looking for cosmetic reasons.

For the lightening of these marks-
1. Apply sunscreen lotion regularly.
2.Raw potato juice, mashed avocado, cocoa butter, lime juice and honey can be applied daily to the area.
3.Take about 20 volume of hydrogen peroxide to which add about two tablespoonful of some milk powder and then mix it with a few drops of glycerine. Apply this mix on the pigmented areas and let it remain for 20 minutes. Then rinse the skin with water and subsequently apply moisturizer.
4. Take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the skin. Rinse the skin and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition.

All of these are home remedies these do not guarantee any help but safe.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.