Can the candid cream be used for longer period on foreskin?

Dermatologist
Question
last week I have suggested by one of Doctor to use Candid Crean ( itching and burning in the private area ) on the foreskin of Penis . There is 25 % improvement in last 4-5 days , can the candid cream be used for longer period . I was suggested by your Doctor to consult Dermotologist.
just to give you background that the Foreskin of the Penis ( Limited Area ) is reddish and sometime irritates and burning sensation on the foreskin . though after using the Candid Cream it is better . Please adivce for some other treatment if you feel that is beneficial.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 46 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
You are probably suffering from Candidal balanitis which is inflammation of the glans penis caused by fungal infection . Since you are applying Candid cream and it is giving you relief you can continue it for long time without any problem. We can discuss other treatment options in case you stop responding to it or there is some problem.
Let me know if you have any more questions
Dr.R.P.Gupta

Follow-up: Can the candid cream be used for longer period on foreskin? 2 days later
Thanks Doctor XXXXXXX for your response, Please let me know in case I need to take any precautions ( Like protecting the infected area from water etc ....) , Any dietary restrictions and if you could suggest any additional medicine for faster recovery if you feel necessary .Also let me know how long I can use the Candid cream.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
There are no specific precautions required. You can consult a dermatologist for oral antifungal medicine for faster recovery. You can continue applying candid cream till you recover completely.
Dr.R.P.Gupta

Follow-up: Can the candid cream be used for longer period on foreskin? 13 days later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

I am still using the candid Cream as suggested and recovery is happeing at slow speed .The iritation level has gone down .

I just want to ask you that I am using Candid Cream ( Normal ) but their is another cream available Candid - B .

Please suggest which one is better or should I continus using Candid Normal.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 14 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks again for following up.

You should not use candid-B as it contains steroid which cannot be used for longer time. And besides that, you are getting relief with normal candid cream.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Dr. R.P.Gupta

Follow-up: Can the candid cream be used for longer period on foreskin? 3 hours later
Can I use Candid cream for another 3 - 4 weeks .Just fyi !, I have been using the same for the past 3 weeks.Also I would like to know does this kind of Fungal Infection takes long time to recover.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 52 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
You can use candid cream for more than three weeks without any problem but it would be better if you take oral fluconazole tablet along with the ointment for 3-4 weeks. Since this is a prescription drug, please get it prescribed from your physician. It will help you recover faster as far as your fungal infection is concerned.
Dr.R.P.Gupta

Follow-up: Can the candid cream be used for longer period on foreskin? 2 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for all your support. I am asking you a question probably you may not like , the inner wear creates more irritation whenver it touches the foreskin, is their specific inner wear cloth which really helps.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You should use loose cotton underwear to avoid friction and irritation to your foreskin. Even the outerwear should be loose.

Dr.R.P.Gupta