Can the Elemis Body Cleanse Detoxification Program cause brown discharge?

for the past 6 months my period has gone from being a 28 day cycle to a 25 day cycle this month it was about 26 days. Since the normal period bleeding I have been having a dark brown discharge sometimes it is red. I am currently doing a detox program from Elemis (taking cal metab plus and XXXXXXX drainage) I have never experienced problems with discharge beforeI am wondering if the discharge I am getting is related to the detox or not. I have no pain anymore.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

Diet, exercise and weight loss programs usually work by changing the hormonal homeostasis in the body, which in turn increases the body metabolism, to affect the loss of weight of cellulite in the body. Hence it is the most likely cause of change in your menstrual pattern.

In addition, strict work outs and physical exercise in trainers or athletes - change the body estrogen levels - also affecting the menstrual flow and pattern.

The Elemis Body Cleanse Detoxification Program includes has a high content of organic iodine, which in fact stimulates the high activity of the thyroid gland.
Increased activity of the thyroid gland causes changes in the menstrual patterns as well as the character of the menstrual blood.

But these changes are short lived and resolve soon when you complete the course of your detox program or choose to stop it.

In addition, (since additional history has not been provided), you might benefit by consulting with your thyroid function tests - to rule out other causes of change in the menstrual cycle.

I hope the information provided here is helpful.

I shall be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.