Can testosterone replacement therapy affect PSA level?

testosterone is a hormone therefore can testosterone replacement bringiing the level to 1200 or more effect a PSA
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

PSA levels should be checked prior to starting testosterone replacement and it should be made sure that they are within normal levels.

Earlier it was believed that testosterone replacement therapy may lead to rise of PSA values. However, latest studies have shown that if PSA levels are normal prior to starting testosterone replacement then the therapy shall not lead to increased PSA levels.
Follow-up: Can testosterone replacement therapy affect PSA level? 2 days later
I was taking Hcg for weight loss 60 days straight no break took a PSA test my level went from .09 to 2.9
I asked a urologist and was told HCG has no impact on PSA but I stopped and waited 90 days and re took the test it dropped to 1.4 then restested 3 days later it again dropped a little to 1.3
In the time between the tests I took a PCA3 test and the level was 3.2
Threshold for biopsy was 35 So I in no danger the test was negative
As I mentioned in my initial question my new PSA WAS 2.5! Free Psa was 39%!
My testosterone was 1100
The original test was XXXXXXX 2012 9 months ago then I stopped with the HCG but CONTINUED 2cc of testosterone every week to 10 days
I have ceased all testosterone injections completely
I was a steroid abusering weight lifter 15 years ago and no able to produce naturally
I am 69 years old
Everything I've researched said testosterone doesnt effect PSA it also said HCG DOESN'T EFFECT PSA either
But when I stopped the Hcg my PSA DRPPED TO NORMAL LEVELS